In honor of my upcoming birthday, I’m sharing 44 tidbits of knowledge that I’ve acquired since the day the doctor who delivered me smacked my bum as I entered this world.
You guys ready?
- Life is too short for cheap lunchmeat or toilet paper.
- Teach yourself how to notify a person to go to hell with just your eyes.
- Don’t be afraid to cry or show your emotions.
- If you love someone, tell them whenever you have the opportunity.
- Decide to write a post like this when you’re in your 20’s, it’s a much less daunting task.
- Don’t stay with someone who makes you struggle all alone in this life.
- Follow that gut instinct, it’ll rarely steer you wrong.
- Disappear for a few days and then take notice of who goes looking for you.
- Chocolate milk really does come from brown cows!!
- Believe in the nonsensical.
- Only apologize for the things that you’re truly sorry for. (This takes so much practice to conquer.)
- I’m sorry.
- See? Fuck.
- Life is a whole helluva lot easier if you have a good sense of humor.
- Do kind things for strangers, like letting them cut in line at the store when they only have 3 items and you have 20.
- It’s never too late to start over again.
- Although it’s wonderful when someone wants to take care of you, know how to take care of yourself just in case they decide otherwise.
- Anger is a kickass motivational tool; use it wisely.
- From a plaque that my mom had on the wall from my childhood home: My house is clean enough to be healthy, but dirty enough to be home.
- A hug from the right person has healing powers.
- Life would truly suck without animals and music.
- I had my daughter when I was 22. Half of my life has now been blessed with her existence.
- Go ahead and take that nap. You’re not lazy!
- Hold onto 16 as long as you can, change come around real soon, make us women and men.
- Swearing in and of itself isn’t bad; it’s all in how you use it.
- No matter where life takes you, remember where you came from.
- Please do not tolerate any bullshit.
- DON’T SETTLE.
- There is so much more to a person than what they look like.
- There is beauty in imperfection.
- If someone breaks your heart, swaddle it up like a baby and rock it gently.
- And let other people take turns helping you rock.
- This list is hard work…only 10 more to go!
- I am eating pretzels with honey mustard right now.
- A sink full of dishes can sit 48 hours and the world won’t stop spinning, I promise.
- If you want to find your tribe, start a blog.
- Set boundaries like boobytraps.
- Whatever will be, will be. The future’s not ours to see. -Doris Day
- There’s a song lyric that’s just perfect for every occasion.
- Let the simplest things in life bring you the most happiness.
- Pick a few aspirations and then try to stick with them.
- It’s perfectly alright to fail, just dust yourself off and when you’re ready, try again.
- The human body is often disgusting. For example, have you ever sneezed while eating a bowl of cornflakes?
- There will never be a band like The Beatles ever again.
Phew, there I did it.
Do you have anything to add to my list?